Monday, May 2, 2011

when a crescent is more than a crescent....

I can't make bread to save my life. This disappoints me. I need to get new locks to keep out the intruder who drags me into the kitchen and demands "Woman, make me a loaf of bread!" So to satisfy my need for carbs with every meal I turn to those glorious blue Pillsbury tubes. I like crescent rolls but lets be honest, 2 bites and it's gone. How to make them a little more substantial? Put 2 together and make a pretzel type roll.

This little tube holds so much possibility.....let's begin.


Open, shriek like a little girl when it pops open-even though you know it's coming and you've opened 563 cans in your life.
Seperate the two halves. I pulled the first set off before I grabbed my camera.


Take 2 of the triangles and push the short seams together.


Roll 'em up like a snake. Or the beginnings of a pretzel.....




Start the twisting to make the pretzel shape.


Voila!


Place on sheet and bake according to the package. This brand is 375 degrees for 13 minutes.


Here's the finished product. I know! It is way more substantial than just one little, puny crescent!

Throw it on top of some homemade pot pie filling or chicken soup and you got yourself a delish cheat on pastry crust.....I can do pastry crust, I love pastry crust......I'm a crust lovin' girl.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment