Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ramblings....

 I was reminded today that it had been a couple days since I blogged....yep, having an organ removed will set you back a day or two in the blogosphere. I apologize. I am renewed. I will try not to fail you, again. 


Reese is now over 2 months old and fitting in beautifully. The boys are crazy about her and can't do enough for her. They give kisses now and put their cheeks on her forehead...oh, that melts me.


It was a beautiful day a few days ago and we let the chickens, ducks and bunnies out with the goats in the main yard. It seems it's cause to abandon all else to watch the duck splash, the bunnies hop and the chicken scratch the ground. You can see how into it Reese is....she's wishing she was back in her swing, swinging away to the sound of the rainfall. Me? oh, sure I like it just fine. I like that for 17 minutes I can be left to do what I need to do!



Hi, Sugarbutt. Nope, I won't pick you up and rescue you from hearing ALL about what chicken lays what color egg and how big they get and yada, yada.....Remember when you came home and woke me up at 3 am....Paybacks baby!
As most of you know, I am a dork. An overfed, fashion lacking dork. I love projects and am always searching out new ideas. I found this hot mess of a chair on Craigslist for a whopping $10!
Can you see all the possibilities? Yes I know, it needs work. A good sanding, new stain and some killer new fabric...ah! Can't wait.  Where am I going to put it? I can't wait to show you what I do with it.

So, I finally put my kid down long enough for her to enjoy her play mat. The boys spent a good amount of time on the mat in their day. Seriously,  kids entertain yourself for 10 minutes while I Facebook. Ha, I jest, kinda...if you don't keep up you get really behind.  I'm just sayin'. This mat has a singing, blinking light that keeps her attention for like 3 whole minutes.
 Minute one...........................




Minute two.............................................
Minute three.........................................



Yep, thanks Mr. Blinkie Sun for those 3 minutes. I got the dishwasher emptied, refilled, dinner prepped and in the oven, the garage cleaned out, the boys bathed, the laundry folded and put away....oh wait, that was in my daydream. I did get caught up on Facebook and for that I will invest in batteries for you Mr Sun.
 Two nights after I had my gallbladder removed the boys climbed into our bed at bedtime. Save me the lecture peeps, sometimes I just want a simple quiet night. They start off in our bed and we move them after they fall asleep. It makes for a very quiet, quick drifting into the Land of Nod. Andy laid down with them to quiet a headache and this is what I found 15 minutes later. Logan flipped around and put his foot in Andy's shoulder. Since we took the bed off the frame in preparation for moving the dogs have taken that as full permission to lounge around on my quilt.


The boys love getting out on sunny days and exploring the yard. They insist on wearing our shoes and today Logan wanted to wear Andy's hat. I think they are so stinking cute. I know, I'm bias but look at that face!

 Lately my Logan has been kicking up his scamming, sneaky ways. He waits for Cole to hit REM and then quietly slips from his room or our bed and comes out to the couch where he finds a parent to snuggle with. Every night! It has become so cute to count on him to appear with his blanket and pillow creeping out. He climbs right up on the couch and literally is asleep in 2 minutes. On this night he found Fred in the perfect spot for a pillow.

"Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in our hearts".
Well peeps, my heart is so full. I have been blessed with 3 healthy and cute kids. What more can a girl ask for? I mean yes I should have used the Palmer's lotion more consistently during the pregnancy and I regret not buying those black heels at T.J.Maxx but for the most part the tank is full.

 I have a fresh loaf of dark chocolate banana bread with a sugar crust right out of the oven.........
                                      and a bed that never gets cold.....................life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment