Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kitchen experiment...


I made brown sugar, cheddar and bacon waffles for the boys this morning.

These were delish. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised!



I think about food all the time. All. The. Time.
I read cookbooks front to back and make notes in them like an English teacher during final exams. I have a binder stuffed with recipes I've shamelessly ripped out of magazines and various other publishings with the far away promise of trying it.
I admit also without shame, that I sketch tables with proper platter arrangements and assignments and keep every party planning packet. Yes, this qualifies me as a dork. I am not ashamed. You may be ashamed to stand beside me and call me a friend know that you know this.  This year I am going to try new recipes, take cooking classes and have more than one kind of fish sauce for chinese dishes. I have decided to make the recipes I have been collecting and snap a photo and add notes.  I will then take these recipes and make a book. A go-to place where yumminess can be found and dorkiness is Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment