Friday, February 17, 2012

Snowbird Safari!

There is a wonderful website grkids.com that has become such an incredible resource for fun activities around town. I packed the kids up and off to Breton Village Mall for a Snowbird Safari.
A handful of local businesses set up tables and offered a sampling of goods to the kids and coupons to the parents!



Here is Reese, at what any mother can only hope, is the start of a long and successful career as a tambourine player. Shake it, baby girl, mamma doesn't want to have to pay full price for college.

Just call us the Von Trapp's. With all the reports of spinal injuries and concussions, I'm thinking "no" to sports and "yes" to chess and singing groups.


One of the best parts of the day? The popcorn! They are definitely their mama's kids when it comes to food. 
Hoover it, monkeys.... 








They had a face painting station that I thought would be a great idea. Cole picked a fish and this is what he got. Not exactly the replica of the clown fish on the board but whatever! He thought it was cool.
Logan decided he would go paint free.




Sorry, kid. No paint for you either.
Why?
 Ummm, ah.... Oh, look, more popcorn!
I admit, sometimes, I am just not up for the "paint all over everything" thing.
 I know, Mother of the Year. 
I almost won it last year....I was short a "leave kids home alone while I make a diet coke run" and a "can you take the wheel because mommy needs to nap". Gotta work harder.


Where's the popcorn?
Oh, nilly....this one....

Our friend, and fellow animal collector, Rick the Reptile Guy, brought an assortment of reptile-y things.
Turtles and tortoises.
Do you know the main difference between the 2?
Turtles are more aquatic.
I want a tortoise.
 I want an indoor/outdoor one that lets me use it for a foot stool.
Simmer down, PETA.

Here is some sort of snake type creature....Have to admit, I'm not one for having a snake. Something about being swallowed whole while I sleep.....I might have an irrational fear.

Rick is such a great speaker, he pulls you right in from the start with his interesting factoids. I think the parents are just as fascinated with his stuff!

We ended our time at the bookstore, Pooh's Corner. We had never been in there before and found it to be quite nice. We gravitated to the train table in the back. We have this set...I should probably put some effort into making the train table functional again. I wonder if Pinterest will survive without me that long.....
They had a great time, until little "Jimmy" started sneezing all over the table and train parts.
 "No, no, don't leave. Keep sneezing all over, we will go."
 *Sigh*
 I am new at the group dynamic of playing with strangers.
We look forward to more stuff around town. Next month it's the Lollipop series.
Thanks, grkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment